You may remember that when we were kids I didn’t like tomato soup, but whether I’ve matured or this is just a lot better than Campbell’s, I don’t know. This is also a really quick lunch that doesn’t take much more time than opening a can. (I suppose Martha Stewart would make her own tomato juice, too, but I have to draw the line somewhere. And that’s a good thing.)
Sauté together:
5 Tblsp margarine
1 small onion, finely chopped
Slowly add until blended:
4 rounded Tblsp flour
Add and heat to good rolling boil:
3 cups thick tomato juice (I use puree and just add water to make thick juice)
heaping ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp sugar
¼ - 1 tsp pepper, as desired
Add and heat to almost boiling, but do not boil:
3 cups milk (or less)
I usually add a bit of Lawry’s, garlic powder and parsley.
Serve with crackers or homemade croutons.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you are sooo marthat stewart!
"marthat" stewart, eh? nice.
yeah, that's what i said
Marth that, stewart.
lol lol lol you guys crack me up.
Post a Comment