Okay, here it is. The tamale pie is in the Nisly book. I didn't end up making it because I didn't realize I did not have tomato juice! I was rather disappointed. Anyway, it looks good.
As for the rice and beans...
I usually just make refried beans. I cook the pinto beans and put them in the food processor with raw onions and green peppers, cilantro (sometimes), cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper...I think that's all. Sometimes I throw it back in the skillet with fried hamburger and a pack of burrito seasoning, or more of the above spices. Eat it over rice with Lizano (we will introduce you to this fine sauce when you return to Canada) and maybe some tortillas or tortilla chips. If you really want to go "all out", make some pico de gallo and guacamole. If not, a tossed salad will do. It's Sooooooo good.
lizano!!!! that is the stuff! i'm getting hungry.
ReplyDeleteWhat about those of us who don't have the great Nisly cookbook for the Tamale pie??? And whatever happened to the actual recipe for Solvaki? (or however you spell it!)
ReplyDelete