These are so good just sprinkled with cinnamon sugar while they are hot, and then rolled up and eaten quickly. :) Another great way to serve them is with pie filling that has whipped cream folded into it. I tried it with peach sauce that we get here (like chunky applesauce) and it was great. In restaurants here you can get them with vanilla ice-cream inside and hot chocolate sauce over them.
Combine in blender:
5 eggs
1 ¼ cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
rounded ¼ tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cup milk
5 tbsp water
4 tsp melted butter
Blend for one minute, scrape down sides and blend 15-30 seconds longer. Heat buttered omelet pan and fry scant ¼ cup batter at a time. Tilt pan quickly to spread batter in a circle. Fry till the top appears almost dry, then flip the crepe. Stack on a plate or fill and roll immediately. Crepes should appear slightly ‘lacy’ around the edges and slightly thicker in the middle.
Makes about 14, I think.
This makes my mouth water. I love crepes. If these are anything like mine, you should roll them up with cream cheese (or whatever you get there) inside and put the fruit topping over it. YUMMMY. I never thought of cinnamon sugar. You must make them WHEN WE COME VISIT YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteohhhh yummy. It's suppertime. I hope Arthur gets the moose steaks done soon!
ReplyDelete