Friday, January 25, 2008

This is Not a Recipe

but since it concerns food, eating, etc. I thought I would share it here. I didn't find this on my own; Christina D gets credit for this.

1. Go to http://www.thedailyplate.com/
2. Join (for free)
3. Search for the foods you've eaten today
4. Look at how many calories, fat, sodium, fiber, etc. you've consumed
5. Enter in the exercise you've done today
6. See how many calories you've burned
7. Set some goals for yourself (if you want)

You can choose to gain, maintain or lose weight, and then it will calculate for you how many calories you need each day. As you enter foods in throughout the day, you see how many calories you have left for that day. As you enter your exercise, you "gain" calories for that day. The website is kind of "busy" looking and almost info overload, but once you get going it's not as bad as it seems at first. I am finding it quite helpful, although it will take some time to see if it really is helping me or not. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I haven't checked it out yet, but that looks good.