Mix together:
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp (heaping) baking soda
¼ tsp cloves
¼ tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
1 scant tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
In a second bowl, whisk together the following:
1 cup milk
3 beaten eggs
½ cup melted margarine
1/3 cup oil
1 1/3 cup pumpkin (cooked and pureed)
Combine two mixtures thoroughly. Pour into a lightly greased 9”x13” pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Serve with milk. (This fed 6 with a little bit leftover.)
I had pumpkin baked oatmeal in a restaurant in Pennsylvania last year and have been thinking of it ever since. This is really close, except I think the restaurant’s version had pecans as well. Mmm. It’s so good.
Do you think you could do with less sugar in this? I'm just trying to think how to make it lower carb for Adie. I know in the original recipe we all use for baked oatmeal I can cut waaay back on the sugar and it is still sweet enough.
ReplyDeletei'm sure you could. it's not terribly sweet, but i'm sure you could cut it back and it would still be tasty. let me know how it works out...we could all use a few less carbs, i bet. :)
ReplyDeleteI liked this, although I thought it was too cakey. I really like plain baked oatmeal, which does not have any flour. I would like to know if anyone has ever made this w/out the flour. I might have the nerve to try it...
ReplyDeleteIt reminded me more of a coffee cake than oatmeal. But it's still good.