Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Scottish Oat Scones

Combine in bowl:
1 1/2 C flour (I am sure these would be good w/ whole wheat - I just forgot to use it)
2 C rolled oats
1/4 C sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C dried cranberries (or raisins or currants)

In a separate bowl, combine:
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 C melted butter
1/3 C milk (I had to add a little extra as I was mixing)

Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry, just until combined.
On a greased baking sheet, pat dough into two 6"-7" rounds. Score each top into 8 wedges. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Bake at 425F for 15 min until risen and golden.

2 comments:

  1. rhonda11:40 AM

    i really, really wanted to like these, but they just were so dry and crumbly and we could hardly eat them without a shower of crumbs all around us. what did i do wrong? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating one of these right now and they are great. I used 1/2 whole wheat and added a tiny bit more milk. They are a little crumble, but not bad. I used raisins, but I think they would be great with dried cranberries.

    ReplyDelete