1 1/2 C rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1/3 C steel-cut oats (not cooked)
3/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 C butter
1/3 C granulated sugar
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 C raisins or dried fruit of your choice
Bake at 375F for 10 minutes
*I think you can cut down on the sugar, or leave the white sugar out. They're really sweet.
Pretty basic recipe...I think the main difference is the steel cut oats - really a nice crunch in them.
I like 'em! I added a tsp of cinnamon, b/c I love it, and 1 cup of chopped Granny Smith apples. The apples were a mistake in 3 ways: GS didn't suit the cookies very well, I didn't chop them small enough, and 1 cup was too much. Other than that, they were good and I thought the cinnamon and apples were not a bad idea.
ReplyDelete