This is my new favorite chocolate cake. My friend Tammy gave the recipe to me and it is so good. It's not as easy as Wacky Cake (my former favorite), so if I'm really in a hurry I might not make it. I made it for Matthew's birthday and it got lots of compliments. (On the other hand, so does Wacky Cake...hmmmm.)
I was making ordinary white icing for this cake, and I didn't like how it just ended up tasting like powdered sugar. Somehow I got the idea to add some maple flavoring to it, so I just put in about 3-4 drops. It gave it a really great taste, but not a maple taste. I'll do that again for sure!
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
½ t baking powder
¾ C cocoa
1 ¾ C sugar
¾ C oil
¾ C water
1 t vanilla
3 eggs
½ C water
Beat the first 8 ingredients together for 2 minutes. Add remaining 3 ingredients and beat for another two minutes. Pour into greased pan of your choice. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment