1 c flour
3/4 c oats
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c melted butter OR margarine
1 tsp cinnamon
4 c diced rhubarb, fresh OR frozen
1 c white sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 c water
1 tsp vanilla
whipped cream
1. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix until crumbly. Press half of crumbs in a greased 9" cake pan. Cover with rhubarb.
2. Combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly until thick and clear. Pour over rhubarb. Top with remaining crumbs.
3. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Cut in squares. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream. Serves 6-9.
This is the best rhubarb crunch I think I've ever had! When I made it, I didn't quite melt the butter all the way; only till it was very soft and almost melted. I think that made the crumbs into bigger chunks. We had it warm with vanilla ice cream and it was phenomenal.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can vouch for the fact that this is amazing stuff. Nice big chunks of... crunch.
hmmm, sure wish i had some rhubarb!
This is fantastic with rhubarb (which I love terribly much), but you can also drain and chop a large can of peaches and use that instead of the rhubarb. I cut the sugar in the sauce in half for peaches, and it was about right, I thought.
i made this tonight with 2/3 apples and 1/3 rhubarb. yum.
Post a Comment