Mix together:
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (hey, they’re healthy!!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp ginger
½ tsp cloves
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
Cream together:
¼ cup softened margarine or butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
Add:
¼ cup sour cream (may use low fat…told you they were healthy!)
¼ cup milk (soy or regular…again, your choice for health: use soy or low-fat! :)
1 ½ cup pumpkin (all that beta-carotene!)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Mix two mixtures together just till combined. Makes 12 large muffins. Bake at 350 for 20ish minutes.
This recipe is aptly named. They are heavily spiced. They are really good, but if I make them often I will likely cut down on the spices just a bit, especially the cloves and ginger. The texture and flavour of these muffins is really good, but just wanted to warn you about the spices. :)
3 comments:
SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!! these are perfect muffins. i did cut down the ginger and cloves to 1/2 and 1/4 tsp, respectively. also, i filled the muffin cups about half full, put a chunk of cream cheese in, and then topped it off with more batter. oh. my. word. i don't know why i didn't make these earlier! they would be outstanding even without the cream cheese.
Where did you get the idea for a chunk of cream cheese plopped in the middle? Granny used to make choc. cupcakes with a crm. cheese mixture in the middle! I think this sounds lovely for Easter week-end. Thanks!
Really, really good. I am switching pumpkin muffin recipes now! I added the cream cheese too, but thought that maybe I would mix it with a little brown sugar and cinnamon next time. Excellent either way. And next time I probably won't use cream cheese at all, actually. I just happened to have some left over that I wanted to use up. Or....you could make cream cheese frosting...
Post a Comment