i'm mostly putting this recipe on here in case i lose it again, but also it's just a darn good one and i think it deserves to be posted.
2 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. butter
2 c. water
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
mix all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil. wrap 8 cored, peeled apples in pie dough and place in a greased pan 1" apart. pour sauce over all. bake at 375 for 30ish min. (i poured about 1/2 of the sauce over top at first, and then when they were mostly baked i poured more on. when i served it i put more of the sauce over ice cream.)
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
do you put any sauce inside, or does it not need it?
sooo goooood!!!! i doubled the cinnamon, btw. your idea of wrapping halves instead of whole apples was most excellent. and delicious.
Oh yay!!! I have to bring dessert to a dinner this weekend and this is what I'll make. I almost forgot about these. Talk about comfort food from your childhood. Thanks for the idee.
Post a Comment