Combine:
2 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
1 1/3 c. lukewarm water
Add:
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. honey, molasses or maple syrup
3 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Mix together and let rise 1 hour. Shape into 1 loaf, cover, and let rise 30-60 minutes. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes, tenting it lightly with tin foil after 20 minutes.
My notes:
I use olive oil and honey in this, and sometimes I use a little white flour instead of all wheat. Be careful not to overbake it; I think 40 min. is almost too much. At least in my oven. By the way, it has the wonderfully long name that it does b/c it comes from the bag of King Arthur whole wheat flour.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just made 2 loaves of this... It's delicious! I'm only sad that I left out the salt... Other than that it's fantastic. :)
For Kayleen: I usually use about 2 1/2 C whole wheat flour and 1 C white flour.
Post a Comment