Mix together:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp soda
Cut in:
1/3 cup margarine or Crisco
Mix in:
3/4 cup buttermilk (or a little more, make it a sticky dough that forms a ball)
Lightly grease a 8" cake pan and drop the dough into it by teaspoonful. Don't pack it in, drop it lightly. It will make more than one layer.
Mix together:
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Pour evenly over dough in pan.
Bake at 350 for about 20ish minutes, or until it's browned and the dough in the middle is done. Cool for a few minutes and then invert onto a plate. Enjoy.
I found this recipe online, but it called for 2 cans of refrigerated biscuits. This biscuit recipe is the one I always use, and it worked fine for this. If you like nuts, I'm sure they'd be a great addition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment