Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scrambled Eggs with Zucchini

This isn't really a recipe, I just wanted to pass this great idea along (which I sort of got from my mother-in-law).

grated zucchini, about 1 cup
diced onion, about 1/4 cup
1 fresh banana pepper, seeded and diced
Saute these together in some oil, and add a little salt and pepper.

When the vegetables have been cooking for several minutes, add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped tomato. Saute for another minute or so, then add 4 eggs, well beaten. Add a little more salt and pepper to the eggs. When the mixture is cooked to your liking, top with about 1/2 cup grated cheese.

It might not sound that great, but it was a lot tastier than it seems like it would be!

Kirk and I ate the whole thing for supper, so I guess it serves 2. Although, I eat for 2 right now, so maybe it serves 3. Anyway, I would add more zucchini next time; it just adds a great flavor to the whole thing.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

This is fantastic. My kids didn't even notice the zucchini. My only regret was that I didn't have any tomatoes on hand. So I substituded deli ham :-) Yum. We had it with hashbrowns and toast and it made a very filling meal. Oh, also added garlic to the onion zucchini stuff.

Robyn said...

P.S. Make some muffins and you've got a great supper.