*the credit for this goes, I believe, to Sabrina's mother-in-law. She made it at their wedding rehearsal and I asked for the recipe.
*another thing - I don't usually use chicken and sausage, since that seems a bit excessive. If you're going to leave one out, I'd leave out the chicken. But for something heartier, it is really good with both!
1 lb. hot Italian sausage, cut into 1" slices (or just scramble fry it)
2 onions, chopped
6 cloves of garlic - uh huh, you heard me, baby
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
2 cans navy beans, or whatever white beans you want to use
2 cans -28 oz total - chicken stock
2 cans - 28 oz total - diced tomatoes, don't drain them!
1 tsp (or more) dried basil
1 tsp (or more) dried oregano
6 C fresh spinach leaves, chopped (I use one pack of chopped frozen spinach, thawed)
parmesan cheese for garnish
*Optional: I added small shell pasta, cooked separately last time and we really liked it like that. Just makes it a little more filling.
Cook sausage and chicken until no longer pink. Drain and add onions and garlic; saute until onions are tender. Add beans, chicken stock, tomatoes and spices. When simmering, add spinach and cook just until wilted.
Serve with parmesan cheese and garlic bread!
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is so darn good!
Post a Comment