I couldn't stop myself from making these the other day. I tried, but I couldn't.
(You'll have to scroll down a little when you get there to see the recipe.)
And what the author says is totally true. When you first taste them, they're kind of ho-hum, but after you've eaten one you want to eat the entire pan. Go ahead and make a double batch, so that they fit in a large cookie sheet. :-) (And so that no one notices when you eat another one)
Just 2 tips:
*don't use olive oil. I was trying to be all healthy, and the taste really came through. Not so good in bars. There's no redeeming qualities about them anyway, so just enjoy them.
*underbake them. I just crossed the line of being slightly "too done" and the side that was darker was dry and crumbly. The side that was lighter was ooooohhh, good.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yum. caitlyn made these with a little help from me, and they turned out great. they are oily, though, so next time i'm going to cut down on the oil, and maybe the sugar, too. (not too much, though!)
oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i cut the sugar by almost half. sorry.
a little late with the comment, robyn! thanks a lot. :)
Post a Comment