2 cups all-purpose flour (I did part whole wheat)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
This is from allrecipes.com and it is so good (duh)! Kirk and I both love that the pumpkin actually stands out really well. We just had this for breakfast with bacon and eggs and I liked it so much I just had to get it on here aqap (that means "as quickly as possible;" only slightly different than the similar "as soon as possible"). Yep, this one's a keeper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
as asap as possible? :) tell me you know that quote.
Of course I know that quote! I thought about using it, but I wasn't sure anyone would get it. What a relief to know I can count on you. :)
Yum. I just put this in my 'recipe box' on allrecipes before you even posted it. Can't wait to try it.
Just had these for brunch and we both really liked them!
These are our new favourite for pancake morning. We even had leftover ones for lunch the other day and no one minded! (Well, not too much anyway. =)
Post a Comment