4 medium potatoes
salt, to taste
3 Tbsp butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
Peel and chop potatoes. Boil until soft. Mash with butter and salt until smooth or mostly smooth. Add egg and mix well. Add flour, a little at a time, just until you have a dough you can work with. Roll into 1/2-inch ropes on lightly floured surface; cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and drop into salted boiling water. When the gnocchi floats, it's done.
This is adapted from an allrecipes.com recipe. I got the basic instructions and then just went from there. We ate it with alfredo sauce, but I wasn't crazy about the recipe we used. It was decent, but there are better recipes. What I was crazy about was that we added chopped, fresh spinach at the end and sundried tomatoes (to the sauce).
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment