Saturday, July 16, 2011

Potatos, Peas & Mint Salad

1 1/4 pounds baby red potatoes (I just use regular red potatoes)
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
  • 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
  • 3/4 tsp coarse salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • Scrub the potatoes and remove any eyes. Cut into half-inch cubes. Cover with water and cook just until they lose any crunchiness. Drain and set aside. Cook the peas and save the liquid. Mash the peas with a fork, or use a food processor if you wish. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil (I like to use half EVOO and half lemon-infused olive oil) and 1/4 cup of the liquid. Toss potatoes with pea mixture and remaining ingredients. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
It may sound scary, but it's amazing! I like it best when it's slightly warm, but it's good cold too. Be warned that it only keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days. Here's where I got it.

No comments: