This is from the More with Less cookbook...but I'll put my changes in parentheses. It's a favourite, especially with vanilla mashed potatoes.
3 lbs chicken pieces (we like legs and thighs), arranged in a shallow baking dish, skin side up
Mix together the following and pour over the chicken:
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted (I use about half of that. I suspect it could be omitted completely, but I haven't tried that.)
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder (or more, to taste)
Bake 60-75 minutes, basting every 15 minutes, until chicken is tender. (I bake it covered for about half of the time and then uncover it.)
Vanilla Mashed Potatoes: Make mashed potatoes as you normally do, but when mashing them, add the scraped out seeds of one or two vanilla pods OR 1 tsp vanilla powder. Don't try vanilla extract! It must be seeds or powder. Don't skimp on the butter and salt. :)
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment