Process in blender:
2 C chickpeas, drained
2 eggs
Transfer to bowl and add:
3/4 C grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C pecans or nuts of your choice, finely ground
1/2 C bread crumbs
1/2 C grated carrots
2-3 chopped green onions
1 Tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp corriander
Chill for 2 hours (you and the mixture)
Bake at 350*for 20 min or fry until golden. I fried these and we ate them on buns like hamburgers, with tomato, onions, etc. Very good - just don't try and pretend they're hamburgers or you will be disappointed.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I baked these tonight instead of frying them and we both thought they were better. I also substituted and extra 1/2 C bread crumbs for the nuts. They were nice and firm. I had mine with just mayo, onion and tomato. Yummy!
These are really good! We've only tried frying them so far, and we like them with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Yummo!
Post a Comment