Friday, June 30, 2006

Southwest Chicken Salad

I was craving applbs chicken salad and this is what I came up with. It was delicious!!!

1/2 C ranch dressing
3/4 C salsa
Mix and set aside.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinated in Southwest marinade (I had this on hand from "The Truck" from mom) and grilled.
1 head lettuce
2 large tomatoes
1 small can of corn (or 1/2 or so of cooked)
1 C black beans
1/2 C chopped onion
1 avacado, chopped in small pieces
1 C cheese (or more would be good)
1/2 C chopped cilantro
1 lime
tortilla chips
Put the chicken on the grill. While it is cooking, assemble the salad in layers - everything except the lime and chips. When the chicken is done, slice it in strips and put on top of the salad. Serve with the ranch mixture and tortilla chips.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am drooling...will you promise to make this for me in Sept? :-)

Karla said...

This is totally worth the effort! It is sooo good!