This recipe is in the Nisly book, but I know a lot of people who aren't fortunate enough to have that book. :) This is turning into a favorite around here.
Mix together:
2 ½ c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp quick-rise yeast
Combine and add to flour mixture:
1 c. warm water
1 Tbsp oil
Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough. Knead for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Place in greased bowl and let rise in a warm place for 10-20 minutes. Punch down and pat onto a 12” pizza pan.
Brush dough with ¼ c. Italian dressing.
Combine and sprinkle over dressing:
¼ tsp each salt, garlic powder, oregano, thyme
dash of pepper
Sprinkle 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese and ½ c grated mozzarella cheese over seasonings.
Bake at 450* for 10-12 minutes.
Cut into breadstick size pieces. Serve warm.
I omit the oregano and thyme and use a generous amount of garlic powder. Also, I don’t use quite that much Italian dressing. This is very delicious with spaghetti or soups, and also good dipped in spaghetti sauce.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't this an amazing recipe? I love it. It is also great for snacks (leftover). But fresh from the oven is unbeatable!
Post a Comment