Wash and trim 30-40 fresh brussels sprouts, and cut each one in half. Slice or dice one medium onion (or as much as you like). In a non-nonstick pan, melt 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Sauté the onions for about a minute or until they start to soften. Add the brussels sprouts and sauté for about 8 minutes. I like to leave them for 30 seconds or so between stirring them so they begin to caramelize a bit. Season to taste – I like a little rosemary, salt and pepper. When they are tender-crisp (but NOT so crisp that they still taste raw), drizzle some real maple syrup into the pan (I don’t measure…about 1-2 Tbsp?). Stir it up quickly, scraping all the brown off the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat, and enjoy.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you mean you have access real maple syrup there??? this sounds good.
i can buy a small jar of it for about $7-8. so that is our treat every once in awhile. :) and yes, they are delish. did you notice my comment on your scone recipe?
Post a Comment