Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Recipe Challenge #2

Welcome to the 2nd challenge! We shall call this one "The Apple Tart Challenge." Kirk and I visited a bakery called Ganache Dessert Kitchen (Google it, I don't feel like linking it...lazy me) a couple of weeks ago, and boy was that not a mistake. Their chocolate ganache-y things were good, as far as we tasted, but my favorite item from our box of loot was the apple tart. It was about 3 inches in diameter, so it was not a little wimpy tart. It had a perfect buttery crust; kind of cookie-ish, kind of pie crust-ish. The apples were slightly tart, but spiced so, so well. There was a delicious crumb topping, and then homemade caramel drizzled on top. I can't describe how delicious it was.

So, I dare you to try your hand at making the most outrageously delicious apple tart you can. Then, simply box it up and send it to me asap. I will be the judge in this challenge. Or at least post pictures and your recipe. I will give you until February 10 to complete this challenge. If you do not participate (Robyn) you will be disqualified.

5 comments:

rhonda said...

yeah! you're on. well, as long as i can find some decent apples. :)

Robyn said...

Ok, you won't have to beg me to participate in this one. If it involves sugar, butter and fruit, I'm in.
Karla, who made you the boss anyway and who are you to disqualify me? Huh? Huh?
Sorry I was a loser in the last one.

Karla said...

Good. I'm the tart boss, Robyn, that's who I am. So watch out. I would forgive you for being a loser in the last one, but that's up to the Italian enchilada boss.

Rhonda said...

the italian enchilada boss declines to comment.

Kim said...

ha.

i don't have anything clever to say, but i just wanted to participate.

that's me, the youngest one.