Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Berry Oatmeal Muffins

I think these are the best berry muffins I've had in awhile! I altered the recipe somewhat, so please let me know how they turn out for you if you try them. I used a mixture of frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, saskatoons) and it was swell!!! They'd also be great with just one kind.


1 1/2 C oats
1/4 C bran (whole, not cereal)
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 C milk
1/2 C oil (olive oil works good)
1 egg
1 C berries
Topping:
1/3 C oats
1/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Combine dry ingredients. Add the rest and stir just until moistened. Put in 12 muffin cups (even if they're full) and spoon topping on batter. Bake at 350F approx 15 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a bit before taking them out of the pan (they're very soft).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are the muffin queen! i think you make more muffins than anyone i know. these sound good.

Robyn said...

I'm glad I'm the queen of something. Yep, there's almost always muffins around here. It's great for a fast breakfast, you know. MAKE THESE!!!

kirkandkarla said...

YES MA'AM!!!

Anonymous said...

I tried em' Robyn, and loved em'! I didn't have other fruit so I just put in fresh raspberries. Sooo good and moist.

Sabrina said...

These look good! I love the recipe you gave me for rasberry muffins. very good!