Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Icing

Cupcakes:
Cream 1 cup butter till fluffy. Add 2 cups sugar; cream for 7 minutes. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add 3 cups sifted self-rising flour, alternately with 2/3 cup pureed strawberries and 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp milk. (Begin and end with flour.) Stir in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla. Bake in paper lined pans at 350*F for 20ish minutes or until done. Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cover with saran wrap till completely cool. Makes 18-20 cupcakes.

Icing:
Beat together 2/3 cup pureed strawberries, 1/3 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla and enough icing sugar to make a soft icing. Spread on cooled cupcakes.

My thoughts:
1. I did NOT cream the butter and sugar for 7 minutes.
2. I did use real butter.
3. I did like this recipe a lot, but didn't think it's the prettiest ever.
4. I overfilled my cupcake papers and it made a big mess in my oven, so don't overfill your papers.
5. Matthew was enthusiastic about the icing, and that means it is not everyday icing. :)

No comments: