Sunday, February 07, 2010

Caramel Bananas

Almost every time I eat oatmeal I think about putting bananas on it but I can never quite bring myself to do it. So this morning I thought I'd try this and it was pretty good! Tell me what you think.

In a skillet melt 1-2 Tbsp butter (depends how fat/thin you feel at the moment).
When it's melted, throw in a bunch of brown sugar (again, use your good judgment).
When that's all yummy and melty, dump in some cinnamon and nutmeg, and then
slice in about 3 bananas.
I happened to have some already-toasted almonds sitting there so I put those in too.
This would also be awesome with pecans.
As soon as the bananas are all sliced, turn off the burner and stir them up a bit. You don't want to cook them!!! Just warm them up.

We ate this on steel-cut oats, but they would also be good on ice cream, or yogurt. (Oh, next time I might also use maple syrup instead of brown sugar.)

1 comment:

Karla said...

I tried this, but forgot the spices. I used butter, added sliced almonds, then maple syrup, then a banana. It was really good, but I want to try it your way next time.